Thursday 2 March 2017

5 Benefits of Running on the Track




Today was a sunny, 57-degree day in Ohio. Unseasonably nice weather for early February. So I threw on my shorts and headed to a nearby track for some speed work.





While running, I thought about the many reasons I enjoy working out on a track. Here’s my list:
  1. It’s doesn’t take much time: It usually only requires about 45 minutes or less to get in a good workout.
  2. It’s not too hard on the knees: The rubber surface is a lot bouncier than the pavement.
  3. It helps improve racing speed: I’ve improved my racing times for the 10K, the half marathon and the full marathon in 2015. I attribute this in part to doing a weekly track workout most weeks of the year.
  4. You can do it while traveling: There are local tracks open to the public all over the place.
  5. There are NO HILLS: Even if you live in a city with lots of elevation, running on a track guarantees a completely flat run.
  • For more information about which type of shoes are better for running on the track then visit to https://goo.gl/qjMxqm
  • Fore best information about my blog visit to

1 comment:

  1. Hey friends are you interested in sport and fitness blog?

    ReplyDelete